google track

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Taupe Triangle Quilt-A-Long - Week #2 Cutting Triangles

The Sassy Quilter
Not being content in just doing a green triangle quilt, I also picked out a set of Japanese Taupe fabrics.

I had this set of 12 fabrics as 1/2 yard cuts. I decided I wanted to try my new Creative Grids 4.5" 60 degree ruler, which cuts 5 triangles without lifting the ruler! The official name is the 60 degree double strip ruler - it's designed to use with jelly roll strips, sew 2 together making a 4.5" strip, and then cut with this ruler.

So here are my 12 fabrics, I cut 2 rows of 4.5" fabric from each of the 12 fabrics, and 2 rows gave me 24 triangles, each is 4.5", so slightly smaller than the 6" triangles being used in the quilt-a-long, but why not change it up a bit, and try a new ruler? Especially since I bought the new ruler in the fall and have yet to use it!


So here are the triangles. 12 piles of the fabrics, plus the 1/2 triangles from the start of cutting each piece of fabric. Should be a good contrast to the green triangle quilt.  Can't wait to start sewing these triangles together into rows.



2 comments:

  1. You've chosen some lovely fabrics for both triangle quilts. It's also great that you are using your new ruler and figuring out a different size triangle. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such elegant and subdued colours. This promises to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: