google track

Friday, January 17, 2014

Quilting Motifs - Inspiration from Winter Nature

We had a lot of rain and dampness yesterday, and this morning the temperature was back below freezing. Besides the car doors being frozen shut, there were some wonderful ice patterns on the car.








I think this one was my favorite. The photos really don't do the ice crystals justice, but I did play with the photo a bit and I think the second one shows a bit more of the pattern.



Wouldn't this make a wonderful quilting motif on a quilt?





7 comments:

  1. Inspiration can be found in many places. It would be neat on a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! You got some really wonderful shots! No one does free motion like God. Thanks for sharing, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word! That was natural? Looks like you spent hours designing it! Reminds me of tooled leather. Hmmm, now how can you use that in your work?

    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! It reminds me of ferns. Beautiful inspiration!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that is pretty amazing Paul! Was the car under a tree or something that help to create the design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanie, the car was out in the open on the driveway. I've had this type of effect happen a couple of other times in the past ten years. It doesn't happen that often, but it is spectacular when it does happen.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: