google track

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wednesday's Works in Progress

I have been working on a slice & dice or stained glass quilt.

Here are a couple of the different blocks:

My blocks are 9x12. I tried to use some FQs that I was saving forever, because I just couldn't cut into them. This free style block design was just the thing to showcase these wonderful fabrics.


I'm also in a 12" block exchange with a group from a retreat I was on last year. I needed to make 12 blocks, and I started with this layout, using the taupe prints (there are 4 - 12" blocks in the picture). However, I somehow miscalculated how much fabric was needed to make 12 blocks, and only ended up with 7, so I chose some different fabrics for the remaining 5, more of a red on the dark diagonal blocks.

These are looking so good, I'm considering doing an entire quilt top with them.


Posted with Let's Bee Social:


Sew Fresh Quilts


2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing array of stained glass blocks! Love the effect, especially of those improv blocks. And your retreat blocks are great, but the ones with the red are really spectacular, Paul. I agree... You should make a complete top with those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive stained glass blocks, they just POP off the screen, the challenge blocks are lovely too!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: