google track

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

English Paper Pieced Hexagons : Landscape #1

I've started putting together some of my hexagons to make a hexi landscape quilt, if such a name actually exists. The idea started with the summer challenge my local quilt guild was having. In case you haven't notice, being January, I kind of missed the Sept 2013 deadline for the summer challenge.

So first, I wanted some pink flamingoes with their toes in the grass and water:


I also made a couple of hexagon flowers, each center has a ladybug fabric. The pink flamingoes are 2" hexagons.

Then I wanted some larger hexagon flowers,

again 2" hexagons, and I got my butterflies and dragonflies.  I'm thinking of using a white on white fabric above the water, and below the sky fabric.

And finally, I have another 5 hexagon flowers, all made from 5" charm squares I had laying around. It's my way of learning English Paper Piecing (EPP) and stash busting at the same time.


I still have more hexagon flowers to make. And someplace I had put together a grouping of hexagons with fish, coy fish and gold fish, to put in the water with the pink flamingoes, but alas, I can't find these. I worry that I dropped them in one of my EPPing in public, at the doctors or some other place.

Have you ever lost some of the EPPs that you were working on? Did they later turn up, or were they gone forever?

This is my first post in the

in hand epp link party



splish splash stash

so check it out, and see some other people's English Paper Piecing progress.



4 comments:

  1. Very interesting, Paul. Fun to see something different, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the addicting world of EPP! I really like your concept for this, it's going to be very unique and special. I lost a few pieces down my couch for a day and a half and was freaking out. I hope you are able to locate yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know that "hexi landscape quilt" is a term . . . I think you just invented it! what a fascinating concept. =) learning a new skill and stash busting is a fantastic idea! I'm curious to see the final results. thanks for linking up to "in hand".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea you are working on - the pink flamingo hexies look great together. I have lost pieces in or under my couch and found them way later on when I had moved on and done something different to fill in the gaps. I actually have a few spare flowers hanging around too though.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: