google track

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching #38 - English Paper Piecing

I've finally finished piecing the 4th block of month 1 of the Round We Go:


And I have started on the month 2 pattern:


I've gotten the center pieced, and some of the rest of the pieces basted for my first block, and I have pieces basted for the additional 3 blocks for October.


Meanwhile, I continue to sew my stash of basted hexagons into hexi flowers. I'm finding I need to fussy cut fabric for the centers, to give contrast and interest to the flowers.

Here are a set of 3 hexi flowers: 1 1/4", 1 1/8", and 1" hexagons.  While a 1/4" doesn't seem like much, when added across the 7 hexagons, it makes a much bigger difference in the size of the finished hexi flower.



Have you been slow stitching on Sunday?

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching:

Slow Sunday Stitching

Also linking up to sarah did it!   Hexie Linky Party:  HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 10/17/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: