google track

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Stash #1

This is my first blog posting in Moli Sparkles "Sunday Stash".  This week's Sunday Stash is being hosted by  Handmade by Mary Emmens.  I have long kept my stash in the closet, shared with only a few of my closest quilting friends, and then only bits at a time, never out in the open.  Why, I probably don't even recall everything in my stash, hiding in all corners of the house.

Today I have some Michael Miller fabrics that I just purchased:

I recently developed a love for striped fabrics. The green stripe on the left is "Skinny Stripes" by Laura Gunn part of the Poppies collection and the color is "Aqua".Then the other four fabrics are all part of Siren Song. Clockwise from top left is Grass, Rainbow, Citrus, and may absolute favorite is Sunset with those oranges, reds, and purples!  These fabrics will make some great english paper pieced hexagons!  And they will look great in a binding - even more if I should cut in on the bias and have a barbershop / candy cane stripe look.

But I also have a thread addiction. Here are some silk threads I picked up:

These silk threads have a real vibrant color. Not sure how I am going to use them, if for hand appliqué, machine appliqué, or maybe quilting. Check out the other quilters with their Sunday stash finds.


Molli Sparkles



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: